Anyone who has eczema or psoriasis knows that these are very unpleasant skin conditions and it can be very difficult to soothe the discomfort. I have struggled to find cruelty-free and vegan hair products that do not irritate or aggravate the psoriasis on my scalp. I have been using the DermaE Scalp Relief Shampoo consistently for some time now and wanted to share my thoughts with you.
DermaE claims that this shampoo is a doctor-developed and clinically tested formula that works in four ways to gently cleanse, de-flake, soothe and nourish the scalp and hair.
· Cleanse: Sulfate-free surfactant system provides gentle, irritation-free cleansing.
· De-flake: Salicylic Acid penetrates to lift away excess flakes and surface buildup.
· Soothe: Tea Tree and Menthol help calm and cool itch on contact and help maintain scalp purity over time.
· Nourish: Therapeutic Psorzema® Herbal Blend (Neem, Burdock and Bearberry) replenishes a dry, irritated, scaling scalp, helping to promote optimum scalp and hair health.
This shampoo is also coal and pine tar-free, steroid-free, prescription-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, gluten-free, and GMO-free!
I really like this DermaE Scalp Relief Shampoo. It is a gentle and non-irritating formula that is effective at both cleansing and soothing the scalp. My scalp feels clean but the product doesn’t burn the sensitive areas where I have psoriasis. I can go about three days in between shampoos when I’m using this product. It is obviously not a cure for eczema or psoriasis but I think it helps ease the discomfort. So in that sense, I think this product is a worth a shot. It is also a fairly affordable product at around $11 USD / $14 CAD.
Where can you purchase DermaE?
- DermaE’s website – Only ships within the United States
- Well.ca – Only ships within Canada and to the United States
- iHerb – You can check if iHerb ships to your country