As I mentioned in my previous post on xoBeauty’s cruelty-free status, there are several factors to consider when determining if a company is in fact cruelty-free (see Why Cruelty-Free Claims Are Not Enough). I reached out to Briogeo and asked them a series of very specific questions in order to determine if they are cruelty-free. Their customer service team was kind enough to provide answers to all my questions.
And I’m glad to say that Briogeo is cruelty-free! In addition, they were recently certified by Leaping Bunny!!
Does Briogeo test on animals? No! They do not test any ingredients, formulations or finished products on animals.
Does Briogeo commission animal testing? No! They do not commission a parent company, an affiliate company or a third party to test any ingredients, formulations or finished products on animals.
Do Briogeo’s suppliers perform animal testing? No! They do not purchase any ingredients, formulations or products from third party manufacturers or suppliers that conducted, commissioned or were party to animal testing of said ingredients, formulations or products.
Does Briogeo have proof from its suppliers? Yes! They have documentation from their manufacturers or suppliers to support the latter’s claim that they did not conduct, commission or participate in the testing of ingredients, formulations or products on animals.
Do regulatory agencies test Briogeo products on animals? No! Briogeo does not allow animal testing to be performed by regulatory agencies in foreign countries.
Does Briogeo sell in China? No! They do not and will not sell their products in mainland China.
Do Briogeo products contain pharmaceutical ingredients? No! Their products do not contain any pharmaceutical ingredients or formulations.
Does Briogeo have a parent company that is not cruelty-free? No! They do not have a parent company.
Are all Briogeo products vegan?
Not all their products are vegan. Here is a list of their vegan products:
- Be Gentle, Be Kind Green Tea Shampoo
- Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Quinoa Co-Wash
- Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Shampoo
- Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Conditioner
- Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Blow-Dry Spray
- Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray
- Rosarco Repair Conditioner
- Rosarco Repair Shampoo
- Rosarco Oil
- Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo
- Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment
- Scalp Revival Charcoal + Biotin Dry Shampoo
I hope you found this post helpful! Feel free to leave any questions or comments you may have in the comment section below. Also, if you would like to learn more about the cruelty-free status of other brands, please leave those brands in the comments! You can check out my post on xoBeauty’s cruelty-free status here.
* Please note that this post is for information purposes only. The questions above have been simplified to facilitate the readability of this post. The formulations of the questions shown above are not adequate to ascertain the cruelty-free status of a brand and should not be relied upon by the reader as a template for use with other brands. Find out more on this topic here! *